We’ve never met a potato we didn’t like. Boiled, fried, mashed – you name it and we’ll eat it. If you’re craving more potato varieties to add to your weekly dinners, the chefs at the JCHC senior communities have put together a simple recipe for truffled potato croquettes. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it can also be completed in just 5 easy steps!
Serves 4. Cook Time: 30 mins.
- 4 cups cooked mashed Yukon gold potatoes, warm
- white pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon chopped black truffle slices, drained
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ½ tablespoon purple basil, chopped
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs lightly beaten for egg wash
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend warm potatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and purple basil together. Then mix in your egg yolks last and make sure they are blended thoroughly. (If the mixture is too loose, add more potato.)
- Scoop the mixture into 1 1/2 ounce balls and roll smooth with your hands (lightly wetting your hands with water helps keep uniformity).
- Grab three bowls for an assembly line. Make a basic egg wash in one, use the second for seasoned flour and the third for your Panko bread crumbs, white pepper and kosher salt mixture.
- Bread each croquette with seasoned flour, then egg wash, and then seasoned Panko. Make sure to really press into the Panko mixture before letting the croquettes chill.
- Before mealtime, cook in 350-degree peanut oil until golden brown and drain on a paper towel before serving.
Senior Meal Plans at Lester Independent Living
The independent living residents at Lester have the option to eat in our spacious dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day if they’d like! The chefs at Lester understand that some residents may have dietary restrictions or kosher preferences and will gladly modify any recipe to suit their needs.
For more information about our senior meal plans in Morris County, NJ, please give us a call today – we’d love to have you over for lunch! You could also visit our website to learn more about what independent living looks like at Lester Senior Living: https://jchcorp.org/
This blog was originally published at https://jchcorp.org/potato-croquettes-recipe/